5 Ways to Sell Kids on Eating Vegetables I know getting kids to eat vegetables seems like a never ending struggle sometimes. As infants, they happily ate everything we gave them, then just a couple of years later the only vegetables they’re eating are corn […]
Being a Fit Family When You’re Stuck Indoors An important part of building healthy habits for your kids is encouraging them to be active every day. For those of us that live in colder climates, this sometimes means getting creative with indoor activities. We have […]
Family Friday: Homemade Play Dough
My youngest begged the other day to make some homemade play dough, so we had a bunch of fun making him a big batch. This is our favorite recipe.
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1 tablespoon cream of tartar
- Food coloring – It will take quite a bit to get a vibrant color! (or Kool-Aid mix)
- 1 cup flour
- Combine water, oil, salt, cream of tartar, and food coloring in a saucepan and heat until warm.
- Remove from heat and add flour.
- Stir, then knead until smooth. The cream of tartar makes this dough last 6 months or longer, so resist the temptation to omit this ingredient if you don’t have it on hand.
- Store this dough in an airtight container or a Ziploc freezer bag.
5 Ways to Help Your Kids Learn Healthy Habits We all know that our kids learn their habits and behaviors for us, so it’s important that we also model good, healthy ways of eating and keeping active to them. Lead by example and get them […]
Family Friday: Bucketball Making exercise fun is an important part of encouraging your kids to be active. Playing active games is a good way for everyone to get some exercise and have some fun family bonding time. Needed: Large room or outdoor area; an even […]